Explore the magical oak forest of Valldemossa, once the home of coal makers and hermits. We will introduce you to our front-runner land stewardship project where heritage restoration combines with the conservation of natural values. The visit includes the tasting of our extra virgin organic olive oil.
Our experienced ranger will guide you through this recognised UNESCO World Heritage. You will discover the legacy of ancestral activities such as coal making and lime producing which shaped the landscape of the Tramuntana until the middle of the 20th century. You will learn about the transformation of these natural spaces and about our restoration and stewardship program.
The walk will start in our ancient olive grove before entering the oak forest of the Muntanya del Voltor. As we arrive at the “Pla d’Es Pouet”, you will discover historical remains of a time when the forests of the Tramuntana were alive with human activity. During a short rest at the lookout post of Es Pouet, you will also taste our organic extra virgin olive oil.
This walk you will give you a practical insight into the activities we have developed as part of our restoration programme that have allowed us to recover our exceptional heritage.
The tour includes:
- Hike with our expert guide.
- Walk through the olive grove of Son Moragues and then along the ancient trail used to transport coal to the village.
- Visit the “Pla d’es Pouet“, where you will find remains of human activity and where you will become familiar with the restoration project of our natural and cultural heritage.
- A halt at the lookout of Es Pouet where you will taste our organic olive oil made exclusively with “mallorquina” olives.
- Meeting point in the village of Valldemossa at the end of Street “Carrer Josep Coll Bardolet” in front of the wooden gate.
We strongly recommend wearing appropriate mountain walking shoes and clothing.
Duration: 3 hours
Groups: 6-15 guests
Price per person: 45.00€ VAT incl.
This excursion is suitable for families with children aged 6 and more.
We are committed to following the strictest guidelines at all times. Please see the official regulations here and don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information.