Enjoy a leisurely walk through our olive grove and the forest of the Serra de Tramuntana while we introduce you to our land stewardship program . This walk culminates in the “Refugio del Archiduque”, where you will enjoy a delicious Majorcan picnic made with our own organic farm products and extra virgin olive oil.
Our walk starts at the entrance of the olive grove in the village of Valldemossa. It will take us along historic sites where you will find the remains of the economic activity that took place in this region until the mid 20th century. On our way to the plateau you will see ruins of lime kilns and charcoal production sites as well as the fountain of “S´Abeurada” whose purpose it was to provide water for the workers living and working in the woods.
Throughout the entire route, you will get an insight into the flora and fauna of the region, their intrinsic value, and the activities we have developed to preserve this fragile environment.
On our way, we will rest at the famous “Ses Puntes” viewpoint and admire spectacular views, before continuing our walk to the Refuge of the Archduke one of Mallorca’s oldest mountain refuge.
After a delicious picnic served with wine and organic refreshments, we will follow the trail back to your starting point.
The Son Moragues Walk to the Refuge includes:
- Commented walk through the olive grove and the oak forest on the Estate, explaining the extent of our land stewardship program and our preservation work on fauna and flora.
- Visit of architectural sites such as the fountain of “S’Abeurada” and the “Pla d’es Pouet”
- A halt at the “Ses Puntes” lookout point.
- A delicious typical Majorcan picnic served with wine at the Refuge of the Archduke.
- Meeting point in Valldemossa at the entrance of the olive grove on street “Carrer Josep Coll Bardolet” at the wooden gate.
We strongly recommend wearing appropriate mountain walking shoes and protective clothing.
Duration: 5 hours
Group : 2-10 guests
Price per person: 145.00€ VAT incl.
We are committed to following the strictest guidelines at all times. Please see the official regulations here and don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information.